This week I will write about social network strategies in an organisation. Today, social network has become really big. Everybody uses social media in their daily lives and always connected 24/7. One particular social media that has been used in recent years are Facebook and Twitter. From the past years Facebook and Twitter are used to stay connected with friends, play games, and update status. However, with the evolution of technology social media has expanded not only for personal use, but also organisation are now implementing social media on their daily activities and running the organisation. For example, using social media can be use for advertising and sharing information to the public.
Social media can increase relationship between both externally and internally within the organisation. Social network would allow everybody to stay connected from the board, clients, employees, and staffs.
Internal benefits of using social media in organisations:
- Increase access of information and resource for employee use
- Develop a better moral in the workspace organisation
- Stay connected with employees, boards, and staffs
- Get to know better between people in the organisation
- Decrease of individualism in the organisation, work more collaboratively
External benefits of using social media in organisations:
- Build a better relationship between clients, partners, and customers
- Increase revenue of posting product as advertisement
- Easily connected with people outside the organisation
- Generate ideas from the public to participate
- Develop trust between people outside the organisation
Strategy and tactics on implementing Facebook in an organisation:
- Social Media Policy – employee has to be careful what they post on their social media. Do not post controversial topics and offend people
- Apply ethical rule – build the same ethical rule that are apply in the organisation as in the social media
- Target Audience – the organisation know the use of social media and the aim who it is for
- Use appropriate language – use good language to post or share information on social network sites
- Monitor and control – organisation have to monitor and control the employees use of social media in the organisation. For example, employees can open their personal social network on Friday only for 1-2 hours.
- Constantly learn new social media – Frequently learn new social network sites. It will allow the organisation to stay a head of the social media sites.
Below are some examples of Facebook social media in organisations:
That’s all for this week. Stay tune and stay safe!